Monday, November 18, 2013

The Smith Family - Quad Cities Family Photographer

I was pretty excited when this awesome family contacted me to photograph them.  I make a trip to Des Moines once or twice a year to do photo sessions and due to time constraints, I have a limited amount of availability.  It's kind of a first come first serve deal and so I was happy this family got in the mix!

Emily and Craig have been friends with my husband, Sean for years.  I met them through him way back when Sean and I started dating.  I have never had the opportunity to meet their adorable children until this last weekend when I photographed all of them!



And they are SUCH ADORABLE and GREAT kids!!!


They have their differences though... ;)

Cora was great in front of the camera...she totally liked workin' it! Ha.  I have to say though, she was also great BEHIND the camera.  And I am not even kidding.  I usually help kids take a picture or two if they want, but she actually WORKED my camera...on manual.  I told her the button on the back to push in order to focus the shot, gave her some quick instruction, put the strap around her neck and let her work.


And I almost don't even feel right putting my watermark on this image.  I didn't even take it!  I was not even TOUCHING the camera...this was all her.  I edited it, but didn't crop it either.  I mean, c'mon...that is pretty amazing!  This girl needs a camera for Christmas.  And I may want her to be my apprentice...she's got skill I tell you!  It certainly helps that Jackson is one seriously good looking little stud!


Yup, these two were as fun as they are adorable!


The whole family was!


And this shot...oh my...it melts my heart! 


I love this too!


And sometimes you get the shot...even when it isn't planned.  You do what ya gotta do and a lot of times it just works! :)


And since they're a house full of Vikings fans, the shoot wasn't complete without some shots where they were representing their team!

Thank you Emily, Craig, Cora and Jackson!  I had so much fun working with you guys. :)  Glad the rain held off for us!  It was so great seeing you again and meeting your adorable children finally!

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome pictures. My niece and nephew are too darn cute.. :) cant wait to get one for my house!!!

    ReplyDelete