Monday, November 3, 2014

The DeCook Family - Quad Cities Family Photographer

What can I say about this family?

Most of you who know me at all know how I feel about this amazing family.  They are so much more than friends to us...they are family.

And if all goes as planned...hopefully one or two of their girls will end up legitimately becoming part of our family...by marrying our boys. ;)


It makes my heart burst to see an image like this of this family.  I knew Lora since I was a little girl...our friendship has grown since our lives and families progressed at the same rate and at similar times.  I watched her say "I Do" and danced the night away to celebrate.  Her girls are almost the same ages as our boys.  I remember Lora coming to my baby shower for my oldest when she was 36 weeks pregnant with Ava.  I remember meeting Sweet Ava June when she was just weeks old and our 2 little families of 3 planned a summer vacation together to Florida that day.  We have since traveled together on multiple occasions.  Our families both grew and we became closer with each milestone.  It was in the plan for us to have each other...it was orchestrated by God for sure!


There is something so valuable about a friendship such as ours...and the fact that our husbands are friends and our children are friends...it's priceless.

I simply love these two...


These girls are amazing and beautiful and sweet and spunky...and this session, they were PERFECT little models!  I could have photographed them all day long!


Ava June (my son, Tate's future wife...according to him...and me!) is a sweet, sensitive, obedient, super smart rule follower.  She is such an incredible big sister!



Chloe (my son, Wesley's future wife:)) is full of spunk and personality with a hint of shyness!  She is a comedian and an entertainer when she is comfortable.  She is one tough cookie and is a great mix of girly girl and tom boy! 



Sophia is a great mix of her two older sisters...full of spunk and humor, while also a snuggle bug, she is fully able to keep up with the big girls!  She is determined and independent while also still the baby of the family.



They love each other so much, these 3!


My boys' and our favorite times are times spent with these fun girls and the DeCook Family!


It's funny how life works.  Things always turn out so different than you would have ever thought.  Never, back when I was 13 years old did I think that Lora and I would have this special of a friendship.  Never did I realize that she would have 3 little girls the same ages as our 3 little boys and never did I dream that our husbands would become such great friends.  None of this could have been planned by us, it all just worked out so perfectly...the blessing this family has been to ours is incredible.




Love you guys!  As usual, photographing your beautiful family has been a highlight of my busy fall season!


No comments:

Post a Comment