Monday, October 17, 2011

A glimpse into my future - Quad Cities Family Photographer

I have always kind of wanted a daughter. No, I have always REALLY wanted a daughter. I just kind of pictured having one since I was a little girl. Then we adopted Tate. I started to really like being a mommy to a little boy...in fact, I stopped thinking about having a daughter one day and instead thought, "hmmm, I think I could handle being a mommy to a clan of boys! That might be fun!"

I love having a boy and as we grow our family again, I am now envisioning more boys for children. I am excited about what our household may look like if it were filled with boys.

I got a glimpse into what it may look like when I had the joy of photographing the Hardy Family.

Call me crazy, but sometimes I get emotional when I look at some of the images I capture. I just can't help it sometimes...something strikes me that hits me to the core. There are several images from this shoot with the Hardy Family that I feel that way about.

I LOVED EVERY MINUTE of photographing this super fun, silly, rambunctious family! And their amazing, laid back mother, Jenifer is so unbelievable...I mean, she makes me want to be a mommy to 3 boys. She was born to the mother of boys, that's for sure!



There is something about this picture that I am in love with! You all know by now that my favorite images are the super candid ones...well, this would be an example. A beautiful mother, surrounded by a bunch of crazy boys! We even joked about how Bob was pretty much one of the kids! He was just as roudy as the youngsters were. :)





Grandma and Grandpa were even part of the session as well. These boys ADORE their grandparents and willingly voiced to me how "cool" they are! And they were!!!



The Hardy Boys :)




Nick - 13 years old...



Zack - 10 years old...




Luke - 6 years old...



It was truly such a pleasure to photograph your family Jenifer and Bob!



I'd still happily take a girl, but I am not even kidding when I say that this family single handedly solidified the fact for me that I could be just as happy as the only female in a house full of boys!

2 comments:

  1. Wow~ What beautiful pictures you took of my most favorite family! I love Hardy's!! You are so right in your description of Jenifer! She has a heart of gold and is the sweetest person you'll ever met! It amazes me to to watch the boys grow up...I've known them since they were born (well Zack and Luke and Nick since he was 3). They boys are truly wonderful young men and they will forever hold a place in my heart! Your pictures of them were amazing! I should make a trip to visit Jen and have you photograph our family...I love your pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kari, you are making me cry with your super sweet comments about me and my Hardy boys! Thank you so much, you are such an amazing friend. I think it would be awesome if you could come visit and have Jennie take your family photos!

    Jennie, you really are an amazing photographer and I have to say, this was by far the most stress free photo session our family has ever experienced. We enjoyed walking that beautiful trail and the fall colors took our breath away. You made it so easy and so FUN!

    ReplyDelete