Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Layton Family - Quad Cities Family Photographer

The Layton Family stood in front of my lens for their fall family portraits on such a pretty fall day!  I was so thrilled when I heard from Maren about doing their portraits because not only are they clearly a gorgeous family, but they are just amazing and strong people...so inspiring.

Our family met theirs last winter at a local weekend retreat of sorts for families of children who have various special needs.

We all learned a lot about each other's struggles and worries and fears that weekend...and they learned a bit more about some stuff than they may have liked to when Sean and I participated in a sort of Newlywed type of game at the event...we won't talk about that though! ;)


Maren and I became Facebook friends after that weekend and have kept up with each other that way, so it was great to see their family in person again on this gorgeous day!



Leah and Kate are just so beautiful...


Leah has inspired so many, endured so much and has literally changed so many lives and opened so many hearts.

She inspired me to run my first 5k in several years to raise awareness for Rett Syndrome in her honor.  Until Leah, I had never even heard of Rett Syndrome or knew anything about it.




Just a few of the many faces of Kate.  This one is full of life, personality and spunk!




Daddy and Mommy Love...always my favorite images...



Life is hard and messy and sometimes doesn't make sense, but humor and laughter and joy are such amazing medicines.  This family proves that.  In trials and difficulty, there is always joy, there are always blessings!


And LOVE is the best medicine of all!


Thank you guys for letting me capture your family.  It's been a blessing to have met you!



Please visit rettland.org to learn more about Rett Syndrome and what you can do to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment