Thursday, August 1, 2013

Brothers and Sisters - Quad Cities Childrens Photographer

Some photo sessions really tug at my heart more than others. This lovely group of kids...well, they are an example of one of those sessions.

If you know me at all, you know my passion for adoption.  I can't even get into it here how deep this passion runs for me.  When I see such beautiful adoption stories...it makes my heart full.  And I love hearing of the stories because no single one is the same as another.  There is so much that goes into it, so many stories that lead to it, so much heartache and joy and stress and worry and LOVE.  That's where each story is the same...there is so much love involved.  It changes you, it makes your family dynamic something you never expected it would be.  It changes your heart, it makes you love in ways you never knew you could.

Adoption is heartache and love and joy all wrapped into one heart...one group of amazing kids.


And the families who are part of each of these children's stories are AMAZING.


My heart was so full while photographing these children...all who love each other so much.  All who are now connected forever when otherwise they likely would have never met.  They are all family now and it is truly something beautiful to witness.


The girls...they gotta stick together with all the crazy boys that surround them! ;)


And here are the crazy boys!
Crazy adorable!!!


These sisters I just met minutes before capturing this shot, but something tells me this might epitomize their personalities perfectly!  Love this shot...love when my subjects let their REAL personalities show.  And with kiddos, it's usually not hard to pull those real personalities out. :)


And I KNOW these 3...and I know this is REAL!  Ha. :)


Kids will be kids...and that makes for good, fun images.
Love this one!


These kids were a blast to photograph and a pleasure to meet.
The love they have for one another is evident and the bond they all have is special and unique and something to be cherished.


And you can tell they do cherish it.


And what I love is that this life, this love that they have is going to be such a huge part of shaping who they become as adults.  They are our future.  Several of them have been through more than many adults will ever go through in their lifetime.  They are strong, amazing children who have incredibly loving parents.

I can bet that the parents of these children often hear how much of a blessing they are to their children...and they ARE.  However, as an adoptive parent myself, I guarantee that they would respond with, "No...these children are a blessing to US!"

What a pleasure it was to spend an hour with all of you!  Thank you so much for allowing me to capture the beauty of what you all have created with your loving hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment