Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm a hugger - Quad Cities Family Photographer

I photographed this amazingly beautiful family (all 5 of them...one just hadn't been born yet!) in May last year! I LOVED shooting them. Their kiddos have grown so much since that day!  However, they were JUST as amazing and cooperative to photograph as they were last year...all of them!  Even the newest little man.  I mean, he was the smiliest baby ever!

So I really loved photographing them last year, I felt like Heidi and I just clicked and everything was comfortable and easy in our hour together.  Then, we kept in contact over Facebook and later through our blogs!  So over the course of the last 14 months, I feel in a strange sort of way that I got to know her better...she was my cyber friend! :)  I was super excited when she booked again for this year and just knew it would be fun!  When they pulled up, I had this urge to hug her...you know, like you do a friend that it's been a long time since you've seen.  Ha!  Afterall, I AM a hugger!  To avoid her thinking I was a total lunatic, I withheld. :)

One of the FIRST family shots I got of this crazy awesome family was this one.  I mean, c'mon...how perfect!  It did happen to be practically the same exact pose in the same spot as one I took of my brother and sister-in-law, which isn't my style to do the same thing much, but whatever works...I think it's a great shot!
 
Let's start with the newest addition, Easton.
At 7 months old, he is the smiliest, happiest little boy I know!  Oh my, that dimple, those eyes, that smile..I could eat him up!!!


Then there's Breleigh...the definition of 3...the good definition. :)  She was full of personality and so sweet and a little sassy too!  She grew up SO MUCH since last year!

And the eldest...Helaina.  She is 5 1/2 and so agreeable!  She was super cooperative and fun and happens to have a little sass herself!

I did manage to get several great pictures of all 3 looking at me and smiling at the same time, but this one...this one is just too much.  One of my favorites of the bunch!  Little Easton's expression is PRICELESS!  The hand on his face, the drool...love it!

This family was a blast...and it helps that I just plain like them.


And my camera likes them A LOT!
 
 


It's no wonder their kids are so incredible...they have an amazing set of parents to say the least!
 


So here's to another great session with this family. 
And I disclosed to Heidi that I want to be her friend...she gave me the "ok" that I could be. 
Sweet! ;)
So it looks like not only did I get some more great shots for my portfolio, but a new friend outta the deal and that is the best gift of all!
We'll see how long this friendship lasts...not sure if Heidi is ready for my brand of crazy. ;)
Ha.

Really, though...families like the Moran Family are the reason I love my job...so thank you to Jim, Heidi, Helaina, Breleigh and Easton...you guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment