Thursday, April 23, 2015

Jamie's Birth Session Testimonial - Quad Cities Birth Photographer

Every birth is different and unexpected things often happen.  I posted Samantha's Testimonial HERE yesterday and Jamie's testimonial below gives a whole different take on her experience!







"As soon as I looked down, with Jennie by my side, and saw a positive pregnancy test I knew one thing for sure immediately. I wanted Jennie to be there to photograph this birth. This would be my third and likely our last baby and I knew I wanted to document it this time around.

My first two births were very uneventful. They went a little like this. I had a few contractions, we went to the hospital, I received pain medications and an epidural, I rested and napped, when ready I pushed and a baby boy was born. I don’t mean to say it was so easy to go through labor and delivery but being that my first two births were very similar I felt like I knew pretty much how it would go this time around.

I packed a bag and braided my hair. I read my boys a bedtime story and tucked them into bed before heading to the hospital. She was there to photograph it all. When we got to the hospital things didn’t go as I expected. At all. My delivery was slow so we walked. And she was there to take photos, and walk with me. I was in much more pain than I expected and waited on pain medications to ensure I could keep walking and hopefully keep progressing. She was there to take photos of it and kept encouraging me. When I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep as the sun rose, she was there to photograph it and awake with me every minute of it. When the doctor finally broke my water and my labor was more painful than I have ever felt and more pain then I had planned on ever experiencing, she was there to photograph it and reminded me to breath. When all I wanted was my epidural she was there to photograph it and repeat to me that he would eventually arrive. When the anesthesiologist finally walked in the door she photographed the relief that washed over me. When my baby girl was born a “star gazer” as they call it (face up) she was there to photograph it and told me how perfect she was before I could even see her.

The first moments I had with my daughter are now more than just a memory that would inevitably fade over time. The feeling of exhaustion and relief and unbelievable love would never disappear but the details would fade. But I am a lucky one. As soon as those small memories start to dull I can look at my photos and watch the amazing video that brings it all back to life. I thought I knew exactly how my day would go, what photos she would get, and how much I would cherish them. I was wrong on all fronts. My day was incredibly more intense and painful than I ever planned. I never expected she would get photos of me with tears because of pain rather than joy, or yells rather than smiles because I thought I knew how my day was going to go. I also never expected I would cherish the photos as much as I do. They are priceless beyond measure.

My labor lasted 27 hours before she was born. There was parts that were painful and unpleasant. It would be easy for me to dwell on the pain, the exhaustion, and the anxiety but when I look at the photos it reminds me there was so much more of the day. There were smiles and laughs, and excitement of meeting our daughter. The relief and love we felt when first seeing her. And her looking up at me for the first time in her life. All beautifully documented. Having things not go as planned, being in pain, being scared and unsure is even more of a reason to have your birth photographed. You will never regret having photos of such a life changing moment." 


To view all of Jamie's birth session images, you can check out Jamie's Birth Slideshow Video...


No comments:

Post a Comment