Monday, April 2, 2012

Photo Swap - Quad Cities Family Photographer

Jamie and I met about 4 1/2 years ago when we were in the same training class at Wells Fargo. We hit it off right away. She was pregnant with her first and I had a 1 year old. Our friendship grew while working and even after I left the department and eventually moved to the Quad Cities we remained in contact. Why? We have so much more in common than we originally realized. Being mommies and photography is what helped to maintain our friendship...aside from the fact that she's just an awesome person who I didn't want to lose contact with! She eventually decided to stay at home with her now 2 children and do some photography on the side just like I do! So we decided to photo swap. Being behind the camera taking everyone's photos usually means that you forget to get in front of the camera every once in a while to get your own photos! So this was perfect! Photo Swap 2012 was born and we fully intend to make it an annual event!
Let's start with Jamie and Dave's oldest, Jaxson...
He wasn't so sure about me at first, but he warmed up eventually...
And this was the first time I got to meet sweet, drooly Asher. He was a ham!
And Jamie's beautiful family...geesh!
It was the perfect day to do photos and we weren't the only ones who knew that...the part was crawling with photographers and their subjects. Not gonna lie...my subjects were the most adorable ones in the area for sure!
And my token Mommy and her kids shot. LOVE this one!
Daddy was cooperative. Being a photographer's wife, he was given detailed instructions of what to do and what not to do. As was my husband! :) He did things just right!
Let's get real for a minute...half of my photos looked something like this...
And I can't say I mind...I love me some honest photos of what real life looks like at my subjects' current season of life.
Thank you Barry Family for being so fun to photograph!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for all of these photos. I, like you, love getting great images but it is pretty amazing when I am in them! I can't stop looking at them... Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete